+ Trả lời Chủ đề

Chủ đề: 1.4 Verbs with indirect objects and clauses

Kết quả 1 đến 3 của 3
    Vượt ngàn trùng sóng tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu's Avatar
    Ngay tham gia
    Mar 2011
    Bài viết

1.4 Verbs with indirect objects and clauses

Verbs with indirect objects
    (Động từ có tân ngữ gián tiếp)
    -------oOo-------

Theo sau một vài động từ, chúng ta dùng 2 tân ngữ: tân ngữ gián tiếp và tân ngữ trực tiếp.

Subject + Verb + Indirect Object + Direct Object

Có thể đặt tân ngữ gián tiếp nằm sau động từ
    Example:
    I’ll send you a letter.
    She gave me a book.
    He bought her a new car.

Subject + Verb + Direct Object + Preposition + Indirect Object

Có thể đặt tân ngữ gián tiếp sau giới từ: for, to…
    Example:
    I’ll send a letter to you.
    She gave a book to me.
    He bought a new car for her.

• Một số động từ theo sau là 2 tân ngữ như: bring, lend, offer, pass, post, read, sell, show, teach, tell, throw, write, send, hand, give, buy, do, make, build, cook, cut, draw, fetch, find, get, keep, leave, order, pick, save…
    • Tân ngữ ngắn (thường là đại từ) được đặt trước tân ngữ dài
    Example:
    He shows them the car you bought.
    Tom gave her many things she wanted.

• Khi hai tân ngữ đều là đại từ thì đặt đại từ là tân ngữ gián tiếp nằm trước
    Example:
    Give me them.
    I’ll make you one.

• Với các động từ như describe, explain, admit, announce, mention, murmur, report, shout, suggest, whisper, chúng ta đặt tân ngữ gián tiếp sau giới từ, chứ không đặt sau động từ
    Example:
    He described the man to them.
    He explained the plan to us.

• Với các động từ như: cost, deny, forgive, grudge, refuse, chúng ta phải đặt tân ngữ gián tiếp sau động từ
    Example:
    The car cost me a lot of money.
    The policeman fined him $100.

Lần sửa cuối bởi tvmthu, ngày 15-05-2012 lúc 11:59 AM.
    F.L.Y.
    First Love Yourself
    Others will come next

Vượt ngàn trùng sóng tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu has a reputation beyond repute tvmthu's Avatar
    Ngay tham gia
    Mar 2011
    Bài viết

Re: 1.4 Verbs with indirect objects and clauses

Verbs with clause
    (Động từ theo sau là mệnh đề)

-------oOo-------

Mệnh đề có thể được sử dụng như tân ngữ trực tiếp sau các động từ chỉ sự suy nghĩ hay động từ tường thuật.

Subject + Verb + Clause
    Các động từ như: believe, think, explain, say, ask, enquire, wonder…
    Các mệnh đề theo sau các động từ trên có thể là mệnh đề THAT, IF/WHETHER, WH-QUESTION
    Trong mệnh đề That thì từ That có thể được lược bỏ
    Example:
    They believed (that) the sun went round the earth.
    He thinks (that) the students are lazy.
    She said (that) she would be late.
    He explained (that) there was no money left.
    The teacher asked if anyone was absent.
    They enquired whether it was legal or not.
    We should ask what it costs.
    I wonder when they'll make the decision.

Subject + Verb + Indirect Object + Clause
    Các động từ tường thuật như: remind, tell, assure, convince, inform, notify, persuade
    Example:
    I'll remind him that you're here.
    You told me that he was ill.

Subject + Verb + to + Indirect Object + Clause
    Các động từ tường thuật như: admit, boast, confess, declare, hint, propose, reveal
    Example:
    He admitted to the police that he had stolen the money
    She mentioned to me that she hated her job.

Lần sửa cuối bởi tvmthu, ngày 16-05-2012 lúc 11:27 AM.
    F.L.Y.
    First Love Yourself
    Others will come next

Ngay tham gia
    Mar 2011
    Bài viết

Re: 1.4 Verbs with indirect objects and clauses

Exercises

1. Complete each sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the sentence or sentences before it.

Example: They had it. Now we have it. --> They gave it to us (OR They gave us it)
    1. She quietly wished him, 'Good luck.'
    She whispered ………………………….
    2. She was ordered by the judge to pay £500 for speeding.
    The judge fined ………………………….
    3. The farmer wouldn't give permission to us to walk across his field.
    The farmer refused ………………………….
    4. James took Caroline's book. He told me.
    James confessed ………………………….

2. Using a dictionary if necessary, complete these sentences with appropriate forms of these verbs. Add appropriate pronouns and prepositions if necessary.
    find
    offer
    reserve
    sell
    spread
    transmit
    keep
    require
    retrieve
    send
    transfer
    transport
    Example: Your boxes will be transported by air. We will send them to you soon.
    1. In a restaurant, if a table is …………, that means the restaurant is ………… a special person or group.
    2. Contagious diseases are easily ………… People with contagious diseases can easily ………… the rest of the population.
    3. Those computer files that I thought I had lost were ………… by Andrew. I was so glad that he ………… me.
    4. In football, when a player is …………, it means that one team ………… another team.
    5. In a university, if certain courses are …………, it means that all students must take those courses and the university must ………… students every year.

3. Editing. Correct the mistakes in this text.
    During the psychology class, one student reported us her experiment. She explained us that it was about communication between husbands and wives. The researcher gave the following information half of the husbands. 'Your wife has described you a holiday trip to China. One of her friends told to her about it. You think sounds like a really good idea, so you ask to her some questions about the cost.' The other group of husbands heard the following information. 'Your wife has suggested you a holiday trip to China. You don't like. You believe is a really bad idea, so you ask some questions her about the cost.' The researcher didn't tell to the wives she said to the husbands. She asked the wives to listen to the tape recording of their husbands' questions and decide the husbands thought it was a good idea or not. A significant number of the wives couldn't decide. That was very surprising.

F.L.Y.
    First Love Yourself
    Others will come next

+ Trả lời Chủ đề
Quyền viết bài
  • Bạn Không thể gửi Chủ đề mới
  • Bạn Không thể Gửi trả lời
  • Bạn Không thể Gửi file đính kèm
  • Bạn Không thể Sửa bài viết của mình